* My new solo show Reflections Of Nature is Jan. 12 - Feb. 13, 2019 at Agua Caliente Park in the Ranch House Gallery.
Bring your family and friends, pack a picnic, your binoculars (critter looking) and come enjoy one of Tucson's little wildlife oasis and Fine Art.
Every Saturday I will be there, painting in the Ranch House Gallery :)
* Classes in Coloring, Painting and Mosaic are available! Contact me here or Facebook or my website SueBetanzos.com to arrange a local class for a fun group activity. Ages 9 to adult, beginner to advanced.
Thursday, November 22, 2018
I like to refer to this as Gratitude Day. Reflecting on all I have to be grateful for. Writing it down. This has been such a good year for me. Yay!!
Has anyone accomplished, done anything that they wouldn't have thought of this year?
I know I have and it feels Amazing! Why?
Well here's a few things I want to share about my upcoming Reflections Of Nature Show:
1. All of the art that is being created for this show is of Arizona wildlife Some of the paintings are my signature Reverse Glass Paintings. Other paintings are traditional acrylic paintings on canvas or board. The glass mosaics are made with hundreds of hand cut stained glass pieces.
2. I learned how to draw with my left hand. I got a lot done, despite a recent wrist injury. I learned how to draw with my left hand. Teaching my brain to work with my left hand was a lot of work, but it makes me so very grateful to have my right hand back for the mosaics. Gratitude x ∞.
3. My scholarship awards this year from Skillshare and LinkedIn allowed me to upgrade my design skills. Thanks to the awards from these online class platform sites, I was able to learn new techniques in digital design, stay motivated with classes in social media tips (@ohn_mar_win).
Try new looser drawing and painting styles while my wrist healed :) Some of this new artwork will be in my show this January.
Keeping frustration away, learning empowering skills, making my dreams come true - what an exciting way to enter the holiday season!
I'm really working to get more paintings finished and will post them here and on my:
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest.
There will be a pre-show sale for paintings I'll announce right before the installation Jan. 12.