Drawing is the foundation for all, whether you doodle or want more. It's what humans have been doing to express themselves since the cave days of drawing :)
|"You Are Loved", 14'x13.5", Dog Portrait, Graphite on paper. SueBetanzos.com|
Tools of the trade for my drawing below:
• A set of Faber Castell 9000 pencils in the leads of: HB, B, 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B.
• A 9B and extra 6B Derwent pencil because I use those pencils so much.
• Kum hand pencil sharpener.
• Mechanical .05 mm pencil with 4B lead for fine details.
• Pentel click eraser.
• Kneaded eraser.
• Small pointed blending tool to soften and fill some areas.
As you can see, my favorite pencils for graphite portraits are the 4B, 6B, 8B, 9B.
Any pencil is good for your sketch book. Now start drawing! :)