Welcome, Bienvenidos!

Art and writing




Writing is an activity that I have always enjoyed and yesterday I attended a lecture on publication through the library. Very interesting and it was nice to connect with others of similar interests. It is a goal on my list of things to do - write a children's bilingual book and have it published. It was good to listen to information on the business end of writing - publishing and publishers!
Also have started a new series of mini drawings called ACEO's. Learned of this genre thru ebay and etsy. It means Artist Cards Editions & Originals. They are works no larger than 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. I used to call them tight thumbnails when I did them in my sketchbook, but now it's a new art genre. So now I can actually market all those tight little sketches as ACEO'S. Like these that I did of Risa. I'll cut them out and mount them on illustration board. Artists sell either the originals or make limited prints and sell them as signed editions.

No comments: