Welcome, Bienvenidos!

My Library Journey

A small peek at my process this summer.

After I upgraded my Mac, I lost my old version of Photoshop and MS Word.
This has me going to the library to use their software, tables - and enjoy their very cold A/C.

 ❤️ I'm a big supporter of libraries, bookstores, books, reading. Like all book lovers, I also have my own collection of dear books, like old friends.

I Love Books!


The library has always been a "home away from home" for me and this summer it has been another little studio for my drawing and digital work. I've known everyone there since 2000 or so. Seen it renovated, and just got new carpet.

Editing with public software and computers: While I'm not fond of PC's, it's good to have them available to use. Also the scanner on the copier is very good and large enough for works up to 11x17" and at up to 600 dpi scans.
The software GIMP is similar to Photoshop... bare bones version.

Eventually I'll purchase new software. For now, going to the library forces me into a new, comfortable, familiar environment and out of the isolation of the studio (part of the reason I continue teaching).






No comments: