Welcome, Bienvenidos!

A Little Quail Whimsey In Colored Pencil

Happy Sunday!
Think I'll call this finished and stop picking at it. I deepened the contrasts and colors to add interest, bring it more into focus.
Another colored pencil session is scheduled at the Kirk Bear Canyon Library on Saturday afternoon Feb. 20, 10 am - noon.  It's free so bring your colored pencils and learn some basic coloring tips.
Read more about class materials and where to get them HERE.
Quail Whimsey - 9x12" Colored Pencil, Strathmore vellum 100 lb
I used a lot of under painting layers in different colors to add depth. The only black used is on the quail, which was also under painted with a warm maroon to keep it from looking flat black.
I  Highly recommend quality pigment rich pencils to work with such as: Koh-I-Noor, Faber Castell, Prismacolor. All available locally in Tucson or online.







No comments: