Welcome, Bienvenidos!

My little Ruby Gem, sold

The other day a mosaic I especially liked sold at a gallery I have exhibited at since 2006 or so, Tohono Chul.
The partnership has been a nice collaboration. The gallery and I make money, get exposure, so it's a win win for both parties.
Tohono Chul and I have supported each other over the years, it's such a pretty little oasis with a lovely & tasty cafe, nature walks, galleries and classes.

I highly recommend breakfast or early lunch at the outside bistro where birds often come very close. A beautiful cardinal once perched on the chair next to mine and I was so fascinated I couldn't eat. No camera, no sketch pad that day!   Just my eyes and the unforgettable memory.

Ruby Throated Gem is a special mosaic, created with much thought and affection for the subject. The frame is hand made by a friend too - I will miss this piece and have to make another.

Hummingbirds are so charismatic, they capture the fleeting beauty of the natural world. There is a magical quality to their shimmering appearance as they hover near while feeding or sometimes just checking you out. - fearless.





No comments: