Welcome, Bienvenidos!

Tohono Chul Small Works Exhibit

Tohono Chul will have two new exhibits - the Small Works Exhibit in the Entry Hall and the Nature Illustrated exhibit. I am proud to be part of the Small Works exhibit with two mosaic pieces: Dog Star Canyon and Pink & Orange Nebula Sunset.

This Friday I will be attending the opening artist reception from 5:30 - 7:30 pm.  It will also be the opportunity to pick up the piece from the last show Little Scout (need to find a good home for that one).
(I don't know how I missed the call to artists on the Nature Illustrated, but I did which is ironic since nature is my specialty. I would have Loved to do something for that particular show)

Things have been too busy to get to Tohono Chul  since it is on the other side of town, about 11 miles from me. I meant to get it on the Altar Dia De Los Muertos night and walked right by it.
I was so tired and cold (forgot my jacket) at the end of the evening that packing up and getting home was about it!  Plus deadlines are always many and constant at this time of year.

This Friday should be another nice reception and hope to see familiar faces. As usual, Tucson bombards us with events in Nov. Dec. which makes choosing what to do difficult at times. Then after the holidays it tapers down to summer heat when many leave to cooler places. (I truly want to be one of those to leave this year and am looking very hard for opportunities in several areas.)

Meanwhile here is the info for this Friday.



No comments: