Welcome, Bienvenidos!

Voluteer

A few weeks ago I finally acted on an intention I have had for a year - I joined a literacy group that mentors one child for the school year that is below grade level reading. Books and reading have always been a passion for me - they engage my mind and let me use MY  imagination to visually create the characters. I am the movie director, sound, set, stage, graphics director etc. Pretty cool. 
So it will be great when the student I am mentoring looks forward to going to a library or book store and is excited about books and stories that they comprehend and get meaning from. Literacy is a gift that opens the doors of the mind to so much including success in learning, scholastic endeavors and life. 
Will see how it goes! Check out the link  below :~)   Speaking of books and reading, quote for today:  
"To the world you may be one person,  
but to one person you are the world".  -  Heather Cortez

No comments: